Déplier tout le contenu Plier tout le contenu
Study in English in Lyon, France (SELF)
Objectives of the program :
The SELF program is designed to encourage significant improvement in the student's level of proficiency in the French language, possible fulfilment of home university curriculum requirements and subsequent credit transfer.
Most of the courses are designed from a European or French perspective and emphasis is placed upon international comparison.
Students should be motivated by the international experience of studying in France, even if they do not master the French language. The program is thus open to all university undergraduates.
The SELF program is a semester program
Fall semester 2014/2015: 3 September to 13 December
Arrival date: 1 September in order to do all the necessary paperwork
Semester break: 26 October to 02 November
Exam period: 24 November to 12 December evening
Period of exams:
Fall semester 2014/2015: 24 November to 12 December (evening) 2014
The SELF program is available to students (exchange/non-exchange) who fulfil the following requirements:
Students should have completed a minimum of two years of university studies ; the academic level of SELF corresponds to upper-division undergraduate level
Level of French:
- The SELF program is designed for students with a basic French level (<A2)
- The SELF is a semester program so students willing to study one full year should reach a minimum level equivalent to DELF A2 at the start of their DEUF semester to successfully carry on their studies in French the following semester.
Beginners or students with a low level of French are expected to study one semester only.
Level of English:
For students enrolled in a university of a country where English is not the official language:
- TOEFL IBT: overall score of 80 or higher with 20 at least for each section – only the official test will accepted (the local institutional version is not adequate)
- IELTS: overall score of 6,5 and 6 minimum at each section
- TOEIC including speaking, writing, listening and reading test: overall score of 740
- Cambridge Advanced: A/B
- Cambridge Proficiency: C minimum
Application deadlines for fee-paying students: 15 October for the spring semester.
and 15May for the fall semsester.
Application form is available now.