Show all Hide all
Study in English in Lyon, France (SELF)
Objectives of the program :
The SELF program is designed to encourage significant improvement in the student's level of proficiency in the French language, possible fulfilment of home university curriculum requirements and subsequent credit transfer.
Most of the courses are designed from a European or French perspective and emphasis is placed upon international comparison.
Students should be motivated by the international experience of studying in France, even if they do not master the French language (A2 level or below). The program is thus open to all university undergraduates.
The SELF program is a semester program or an annual program.
It usually starts at the end of August / in early January and ends mid-December/end of April
- Fall semester 2016/2017:
Arrival in Lyon 3: 29 August
Program start: 31 August
Mid-term break: 27 October to 02 November incl.
Exam period: 28 November to 9 December
Program end: 9 December evening
- Spring semester 2016/2017
Arrival in Lyon: 03 January
Program start: 04 January
Mid-term break: 18 February to 26 February
Exam period: 3 to 14 April
Program end: 14 April
The SELF program is available to students (exchange/non-exchange) who fulfil the following requirements:
Students should have completed a minimum of two years of university studies ; the academic level of SELF corresponds to upper-division undergraduate level
Level of French:
- The SELF program is designed for students with a basic French level (<A2)
- Students staying for two semesters who arrive with an A2 level in French and have attained a B1 level at the end of the semester are directed towards classes taught in French for the spring semester (DEUF program).
Level of English:
For students enrolled in a university where English is not the official language, one of the official tests listed below is required:
- TOEFL IBT: overall score of 80 or higher with 20 at least for each section – only the official test will accepted (the local institutional version is not adequate)
- TOEFL ITP: overall score of 560 minimum and 50 at least for each section
- IELTS: overall score of 6,5 and 6 minimum at each section
- TOEIC including speaking, writing, listening and reading test: overall score of 1020
- Cambridge Advanced: A/B
- Cambridge Proficiency: C minimum
NB: The tests listed above must have been undertaken no more than two years prior to the commencement of the program at Lyon 3.
Application deadlines for fee-paying students: